Junior Project Manager
Position: Junior Project Manager
Location: Encinitas, CA
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. ”
― Alvin Toffler
Founded in 2010 Thomas Digital is one of the Internet’s leading web design agencies specializing in the design and development of custom WordPress websites for small and medium-sized businesses. We’re looking for a full-time Junior Project Manager to join our growing team.
Why You’ll Love This Job
- Variety – You’ll be involved in building dozens of websites each year, giving you remarkable exposure to lots of different businesses and the people who run them.
- Growth – You’ll work under the direction of highly seasoned technical, creative, and project management, which will provide you with tremendous career growth opportunities.
- People – We work hard to recruit & retain team members who are thoughtful, action-oriented, and who keep their ego in check. This goes for the clients we choose to work with as well. You will love the people you work with.
- Impact – As a member of a small team, you’ll have an outsized opportunity to have your voice heard and to impact the trajectory of the company.
The Junior Project Manager is the liaison between our clients and the project team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving website design and development projects forward from inception to launch.
- Gathering and analyzing client requirements
- Leading the strategy and design teams to create a plan that meets those requirements
- Coordinating timelines, status meetings, and tasks with the client
- Confidently leading client-facing and internal meetings
- Leading the team’s efforts to implement the project in a timely and profitable way
- Raising the bar on the quality of work produced
- Reporting on status of work to management
- Delivering the finished product to the client
- Working to ensure client satisfaction while balancing profitability
- Supporting the client relationship post-launch and in subsequent projects
- Working with other project managers and the operations team to streamline and improve processes
- Intelligence – Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Problem Solver – Able to figure things out on their own
- Self-Motivated – Internally driven to do well
- Personable – Works and presents well with other people
- Reliable – Shows up on time, does what they say they are going to do
- Curious – Interested in learning and developing themselves
- Kind – Has an upbeat and courteous personality
- Detail Oriented – Double-checks work to make sure it is free of errors
- Creative – Is able to think in terms of metaphors and non-linearly
- Driver – Ability to ascertain and deliver on client goals & targets
- Polite but assertive – Able to take charge and drive progress
- Able to juggle multiple projects, work within deadlines and budgets and perform under pressure
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience managing creative and technical resources
- Experience working with WordPress (our platform of choice)
Nice to Have
- Strong knowledge of front-end development languages
- Understanding/familiarity with standard analytics/testing platforms for web properties (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of wireframing/site architecture tools & processes
- Experience estimating interactive design and development projects
- Previous website project management and/or agency experience
- Salary based on previous experience
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K, plus match
- Fun, open, and flexible work environment with amazing co-workers
- Work in downtown Encinitas 2 blocks from the beach
About Thomas Digital
Thomas Digital is a web design agency specializing in designing and developing custom WordPress websites for small and medium-sized businesses. Current and past clients include California Olive Ranch, Princeton University, Stanford University, Salesforce Tower, The Association of Montessori International, many more.
Our team consists of a dozen talented professionals—including designers, developers, and project managers—who are passionate about using the Internet to help businesses grow and are eager to enhance their expertise through constant learning. This may sound corny, but we really do care. About our work, our team, our customers, our reputation, and making a difference. If there’s an X factor to choosing us, it’s our desire to add humanity to static pages on the web.
How to Land the Job
Write us a note, and answer a few questions about yourself using this application form. Bonus points for including an introductory video.